14 Low Cost Ways of Fostering Employee EngagementDecember 28, 2015
In Employee Engagement
Fostering employee engagement is accessible to all companies!
Whether you are a small startup or big multi-national, there are many ways to recognize your employees in a cost-effective way. Here are 14 ideas that cost close to nothing, and can have a big impact.
- Post a thank you note on an employee’s door/computer.
- Show your appreciation for people who show initiative by giving them special assignments.
- Recognize employees who actively serve the community.
- Acknowledge individual achievements by using employee names in status reports.
- Practice positive nonverbal behaviors that demonstrate appreciation.
- Smile. It’s contagious!
- Send a letter to all of your team members at the end of a project to thank them for their involvement.
- Send birthday/get well/sympathy cards to your employees’ homes.
- Send personalized thank you cards to employees.
- Widely publicize the suggestions you use and talk about their positive impact on your department.
- Serve food or drinks (cookies, cake, tea, coffee, etc.) to your team.
- Do something special for Employee Appreciation Day.
- Purchase a unique pin to serve as a memento for a task well done.
- Give a coffee cup or a pen with a recognition message printed on in.
What else have you tried to foster engagement that yielded great results?