How much does a deal toy cost?July 20, 2023
In Design Ideas / Trends
You Ask, We Answer: #3
Deal toys are special keepsakes given to celebrate the closing of financial transactions. These pieces serve as a reminder of success and accomplishments for those in the financial sector. While deal toys are a smart investment in maintaining positive business relationships, it is important to look at the costs before you dive right in. So how much does a deal toy cost?
Well, deal toys come in all shapes and sizes! They can be as flashy and fancy, or as modest and simple as you’d like. They also come in at many price points as there are different factors contributing to the overall cost. At Altrum, we always do our best to make sure you get exactly what you’d like within the budget you’re working with.
- Timing determines everything. You will not be able to produce a complex piece if you’re on a deadline. If you are on a time crunch, we suggest working with something from our Classic or Signature line. These are a great less expensive option that our factory can turn around very quickly. We can update the text, change any logos, add some color or personality, and you have a great deal toy option at a low cost.
- When you have a longer timeline to work with or no event/deadline in sight, we have more time to design something substantially more creative, which will ultimately end up costing a bit more. For something like this, it also takes longer to produce. Especially if it is a newer concept or something that needs to be tested by our experts at the factory first. Time = money.
- Location – Depending on where you are in the world, the factory that you end up ordering your pieces from, and ultimately where you are shipping the final product are all factors that affect the overall cost of your deal toy at Altrum.
- Weight – For a client in California that is interested in ordering a heavy crystal deal toy from our factory in Asia, and then plans to ship to multiple locations across the globe, those costs are going to add up.
- Taxes – Not only is there the cost of the deal toy itself and shipping costs, but there are taxes as well. When shipping internationally, you run into DVT costs. DVT stands for Duty, VAT, and Taxes. The amount varies based on where and how much you are shipping.
- Each of our materials has different price tags, so be mindful when choosing. Crystal, acrylic, wood, metal, 3d prints; the list goes on, and they’re all unique. There are benefits to each material, but if you are on a tight budget, our Art and Account Management team will work together to make sure the piece you receive is the best bang for your buck, without cutting the wow factor.
- If you are looking for something that looks quite premium without a super high cost, we suggest mixing materials. By doing so, you can have the best of both worlds.
- The more complex your deal toy is, the more it is going to cost. Custom unique cuts, 3D etching, color matching, and layering are just a few design choices that make your deal toy more complex. With more complex features comes a higher setup cost, as multiple machines need to be set up and configured for your custom design.
- Interactive deal toys are some of the most complex, including LED lights, moving parts, etc. By implementing these features and making the piece much more custom, it will require more testing and engineering to get it right.
- As with most things, you will find a more attractive average cost the larger the project is. Your account manager will likely show you designs with price breaks, the cost per unit decreasing as you order more.
- A lot of vendors offer price incentives, passing on savings for buying material in bulk. This allows us to provide higher quantities for a lower cost per piece!
Overall, no matter what your budget is, our team is committed to finding the perfect deal toy for you. Stay tuned for the next installment of our Leveling Up series if you’d like to hear more about setup costs.