Director of Administration
Altrum is a Quebec-based company with over 200 employees on 3 continents that helps organizations around the world celebrate their achievements and inspire their people. From creating and manufacturing awards to managing recognition programs, we are dedicated to providing an exceptional experience to our clients in order to make a real difference for their employees. We are constantly looking for the best and most competent people to achieve our mission. As such, we are currently seeking a Director of Administration.
The Administrative Director is responsible for managing the administrative team in St. Martin, QC. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the accounting system as well as a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to improve decision making and share information throughout the organization to improve business results. This position will have growth opportunities to work on structural projects, acquisition integration and other items as designated by the CFO.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of A/P, A/R Controller(s), a Senior Accountant and several administration team members
- Participate in the improvement of processes to support the organizations goals and objectives
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Manage Customs issues and Shipping contracts
- Manage the support team in Canada and coordinate the remote teams in New York and UK;
- Issue timely and complete internal and external financial statements
- Analyze cost components and evaluate improvement opportunities to implement
- Organize and maintain financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Coordinate and provide information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Ensure processes are in place to comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- 8 years of relevant experience related to the position
- Bachelor's degree in business administration
- Member of the CPA order
- Knowledge of cost accounting
- Excellent command of French and English, both oral and written
- Experience in a global organization, customs and US accounting rules
- Experience in personnel management
- Proficiency in the Office suite and ERP system
- Good communication skills and ability to develop good business relationships
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, set goals and be detail oriented.
What We Offer You
- A dynamic environment and diversified tasks;
- A human culture, focused on customer experience, improvement and teamwork;
- A flexible schedule, to better balance work and personal life;
- Several activities (sports challenges, events, contests, etc.) and on-site gym;
- Access to training and a team that cares about your well-being.
Ready to take on new challenges? We would be delighted to meet you! Please send us your resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.