Sales Team Leader (Americas)
We’re always looking for the best and brightest to join our thriving community. Altrum Honors - the global leader in the creative deal gift industry - is currently looking for a Sales Team Leader in lower Manhattan. As Team Leader, you will work closely with the Sales Executives to ensure we’re addressing service and operational functions that are essential to achieving departmental goals. In this role, you’ll serve as a key support for the Sales team, coordinating activities and projects to deliver strategic objectives. You will also manage a book of business. As Team Leader, you’ll demonstrate the following competencies: Results Driver, Relationship Lead, Innovator, Collaborator, Technical Expert (CRM) and Project Manager.
We want to bring on someone who will thrive in a work environment that’s flexible, fast-paced, fun and where no 2 days are the same. Here at Altrum you’ll:
- Be part of a diverse and successful team where exceptional customer service is a passion.
- Join a global leader where the mission is to celebrate people’s greatest achievements and inspire their people.
- Work with team members who support and encourage each other through recognition.
- Work with a leadership team that focuses on the strengths and development of their colleagues.
- Be part of an organization that fosters an open-minded, proactive and caring culture.
If you share in our values of Client Focus, Better Every Day and Teamwork, then Altrum is the place for you to learn and grow with a talented team of individuals who take pride in quality work and what we can achieve together.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain key relationships with all assigned accounts, with a focus on superior customer service
- Drive leads and maximize revenue growth to meet company targets
- Identify business opportunities with existing and prospective clients
- Implement best practices and creative strategies for account penetration
Service & Operations
- Serve as point of escalation in addressing and resolving client issues
- Act as a key support/resource to help answer any questions related to the Sales process, including but not limited to prospecting, presentation, need analysis/designs, and contact management
- Coordinate coverage with/for team members when appropriate
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with global Team Leaders (Domestic, EMEA and Canada) on critical support functions including: art update, production support, staff scheduling, and other appropriate updates
- Handle all pertinent communication/updates with the Sales team as necessary
- Review and distribute sales reports
- Plan and complete delegated tasks to a high standard
- Identify friction points and collaborate with others to propose solutions
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, vendors, and team members
- Adopt a flexible approach to the role and task completion when applicable; ‘step in’ or ‘step up’ to other roles/positions that may need support
- Manage relationships with key corporate accounts
- Deliver daily tasks and make decisions that demonstrate a commitment to our values
- Coordinate training for new employees and serve as a mentor, ensuring continued growth and development
- Understand the need for flexibility and strong team leadership when communicating and implementing change
- Inspire and train team members on nurturing client relationships, account penetration & development, and attaining sales objectives
- Set up training modules addressing areas of improvement for the general team and individual Sales team members
- Promote continuous improvement with team members through the Lean Board and other Lean tools
- Demonstrate drive, determination, enthusiasm and an ability to work effectively as a team leader
- Address behavioral gaps immediately with the team manager
- Serve as team representative for high-value initiatives; work individually with team members to test, validate specific points as needed
- Works with cross-functional project teams to ensure successful implementation of process improvements and new business practices
What type of experience and skills do you have?
- Undergraduate degree required
- 3-4 years of business experience in a sales metric-driven environment
- 1-2 years of business experience leading a team
- Develop skills and knowledge to fulfill or exceed the responsibilities of a competent team leader in key functions
- Support the development of others by sharing knowledge and skills gained through performing key responsibilities
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Receive, reflect, and act on feedback regarding personal performance